Thank you for your consideration and taking the time to explore this far. Please find my professional work experience chronologically listed below:
BlueTrek Technology LLC
BlueTrek Technology LLC is my own company to which I offer IT consulting services by partnering with customers and their teams to grow, secure, or transform technology resources to meet organizational demands. With a decade of Enterprise and Information Security experience and personalized due care ensures the highest service level satisfaction throughout the entire engagement.
Minnesota Department of Transportation
05/2019 – 03/2020; coordinating cybersecurity projects and IoT technology solutions consistent with state commissions to address and align agency business goals, threat landscape, and risk appetite.
- Project management service ensure quality control and oversight supervision of client engagements from contract start to finish, including adequate planning, execution, and direction to multiple stakeholders.
- Coordinate with functional area architects and security specialists/ engineers to ensure adequate cybersecurity posture throughout all platforms and projects to mitigate identified risks sufficiently according to meet business and regulatory requirements.
04/2018 – 03/2019; hands-on management of complex enterprise cloud migration, cybersecurity, and secure application development operations for a multi-million dollar and multi-discipline projects.
- Project solutions improved infrastructure/ system resiliency and increased controls. Regularly communicated information on project and team performance, forecasts, and business risk development to executive leadership.
- Provided operational technical leadership and development of project strategy, methodologies, and standard operational effectiveness to a global infrastructure. Demonstrated successful performance against a variety of cybersecurity related activities to including: 24/7 incident response, ransomware, vulnerability scanning, assessment and accreditation, security compliance, and awareness training.
Comcast NBCUniversal Studios
01/2017 – 04/2018; accountable for enterprise wide network engineering and cybersecurity operations for the global parks project technology team. Facilitated all cross-department relationships, executive reporting, and operational team transitioning across United States and China.
- Managed a budget over $30 million dollars for theme park technology project execution, issue resolution, and stakeholder management throughout the project lifecycle. Helped establish project plans for information security controls including services catalog evaluation/ consolidation.
- Lead and manage several project teams consisting of multi-disciplined architects and engineers to create reliable, scalable, and resilient system designs for unique local and global requirements.
06/2016 – 01/2017; implemented a enterprise information security program to protect high value assets to meet impending PCI and ISO certification requirements. Developed secure network models for guiding IT operations to align with all compliance requirements such as (NIST, GDPR, ISO, SOX).
- Expertise in coordinating IT security projects and policies to minimize vulnerabilities and align with strategic corporate plan.
- Demonstrated ability manage full lifecycle of projects. Manage internal auditors to evaluate third party compliance with security standards. 3rd-party auditing and technical oversight of IT security within vendor management and compliance.
06/2015 – 07/2016; spearheaded designs and implementation for system interoperability during company merger. Responsible for system acquisition tasks including facilitating VPNs, network availability, active directory trusts and forest creation.
- Assisted with core networking projects, LAN, and site-to-site VPN solutions to connect new campuses to our network. Regularly coordinating with subcontractors and ISP vendors at all US sites. Wrote function technical documents to troubleshoot and diagnose complex issues.
- Operationally accountable for Checkpoint and Cisco Firewall deployments/administration as well as network intrusion detection and prevention mechanisms Solarwinds, Trend Micro, Wireshark, Splunk products. Expert level support for virtualization and application development environments.
American Roll Formed Products
06/2013 – 06/2015; primary infrastructure responsibilities include project planning and orchestration for optimizing SDN datacenter, cloud services, and internally managed application backend infrastructure.
- Daily responsibilities include network operations center (NOC) oversight and regularly resolve incidents Coordinated with other IT departments to assess and remediate potentials breaches with security controls and industry best practice within the virtual environment. Demonstrated experience in identifying risk and vulnerabilities across network and virtualization environments.
- Strategized with executive management on cloud migration and hybrid cloud infrastructure as a service. Increased site resilience by introducing high availability using virtual routers within the virtualized environments and distributed virtual machine management vCenter server.
02/2010 – 05/2013; tasked with providing expertise in managing technical systems, service desk, problem and incident resolutions according to ITIL service management model. Oversaw the server, networking, and firewall administration and daily maintenance of device infrastructure.
- Developed security operation center procedures with the IT team for incident response. Organized traffic and application security analysis and monitoring to evaluate overall security preparedness. Demonstrated ability in incident response best practices to mitigate data breach risks.
- Architected the LAN/WAN networks and Windows server infrastructure to be scalable to plan for future growth. This includes administering MS Exchange server and Active Directory and network services server.